Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I haz a sad and a glad...


Happy September and back-to-school to you all :) I have to admit that I'm a bit of a happy momma due to my kids migrating back to their school this week as I got a little overloaded with the "Mom, I'm bored" syndrome that seemed to plaque my offspring ;) Enough about me and my giddiness though...you are all probably wondering about the title of this post right?

Well, I haz a big, giant sad because our dear Jenny Peterson has handed in her Secret Agent badge as of the end of August do to life being hectic but she is well aware and threatened with in an inch of her life that when her life slows down a bit that she is to re-join us here....or else. I don't know what the "else" is just yet as I'm figuring it out as I go but I made sure that I said it to her in my most fierce typing that I know ;) 

I know that you guys will be missing our angelic Jenny to so don't forget to visit her over on her blog :D Bye Jenny, we will miss you!!!!

Now, I know that you are wondering why I haz a glad :) Because sweet Jenny abandoned us, I looked to our faithful challenge participants for our newest Special Agent! Please help me in welcoming an iSpy All Star Leanne Whitby!


 Secret Agent Leanne reporting in from “Down Under” – Australia! I am really honoured and excited to be part of the fabulous design team at ISSC.  I love the “kick start” that a sketch can give to your card making and have loved playing along with ISSC since it began.  So naturally when Kim asked me to join the team I just jumped at the opportunity!

I have been a scrapbooker and card maker for over 15 years although card making has become my biggest obsession of late. I have been married to my wonderfully supportive husband for over 25 years and am a mother to my gorgeous 19 year old girl. Both are the biggest inspiration for my scrapbooking and supporters of my card making. I really like incorporating handmade flowers and embellishments onto my cards and love adding those special little finishing touches like hand stitching, buttons or vintage lace/seam binding and have a true shabby chic style with most of my cards and layouts.  If I am not edge distressing and inking it’s just not right.  I am lucky enough to have been working in retail scrapbooking stores as a class teacher, designer and customer service representative since 2002 both in Australia and the US. 

I am so excited to be part of the ISSC design team and look forward to sharing my creations with you and seeing your takes on the weekly sketches. 

Special Agent Leanne Whitby's blog: A Little Bit Shabby


Leanne's style is shabby, elegant, detail oriented and she just plain oozes talent! We are thrilled that she has accepted her mission and that she will be joining us for the ISSC32 challenge this Friday as her very first sketch as a Special Agent! Please join us then to see her in action!


No comments: